Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I felt like a true moron

I was on our first camping trip by ours I mean Jenn and I we are still together 10 years after this story. That's whole other story in it self. I bragged about my camping skills and my Eagle scout credits the whole way to the campground. I talk about how i could start a fire with rope and some spark or with one match. We got wood from the campground store it was raped in plastic. I could not get this wood to light if my life depended on it. After about 1-1/2 hours I thought maybe the wood that was rapped in plastic could be wet or moist form that rap. So with the store close I knock on this mans door a 12:30 Am It was during labor day east coast it was chilly out. I had to do it. He was more then happy to help us on a cold evening. We went back to the camp site and lets just say it got a little freaky and i lit more then one fire that cold September night.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Hi all,
This reminded me of a freaky camping/fishing trip I made.When I used to go camping it was really fishing too, I used to go for 2 or 3 days at a time and camp by the lake, this is in england.
This one time I had been fishing/camping alone,all night i'd been fishing and stayed awake all night as the fishing was good.
Anyway morning arrives and this man came up behind me, I didn't hear a sound, his voice startled me and he apologised, asked me if I had caught much and I said yes that i'd had a great night and filled my net. He mentioned to me that there was a big pike over by the sunken log and if I tried a worm i'd be bound to catch him, I said thanks and he wished me luck.
This is the weird part,I looked down to get some bait then looked up again and this man was the other side of the lake. No-one could have run around that lake so quickly let alone walk.It was easy to suggest i'd spoken to a ghost but my logic tells me I simply must have been so tired i'd fallen asleep for some minutes, woken up and saw him over the other side of the lake, still freaked me out a bit though.
Before packing up a bit later I did try a worm over by the sunken log and I did catch that pike, it was the first pike i'd ever caught too. I always went fishing with a friend after that though.

Tony:)